Re: [seul-edu] MS offer

On Wed, 9 Oct 2002, Jennifer Dozar wrote:

> Don't do it. Microsoft has played that way before. Promising
no-cost
> whatevers and it ends up costing the school more. How do you know
that
> they won't send the RIAA to audit you for software taht MS gave
you.

I think you are referring to the BSA (Business Software Alliance).
The RIAA is an other set of self-absorbed bastards trying to bilk
people...

> I think sticking with Linux would be a smarter way to go.  The
students
> will still learn their basic computing skills, plus those who do
want to
> learn more, can learn much more on a linux box than a windows box.

> (IMHO)  I know i learned more on a linux box about networking and
how
> computers work in genereal a lot better than on a windows box.
>
> Just my thoughts.

Best bet is to respectfully decline (or as for liteature, but don't
allow visitation, it's harder to tell someone to go get stuffed when
they are right in front of you). If anything, making them think they
have already lost will make them anger and trip up, or more likely
to try some other measure that will blow up in their faces...