Re: [seul-edu] ISO Phase 2--apps already in scholastic

Doug Loss wrote:

> It occurred to me this morning that some of the apps in our
> Application Index have already passed both Phase 1 and Phase 2 by
> virtue of the fact that they're actually in use at some schools.
> Those apps clearly don't have to be evaluated for their usefulness

> scholastically.  So could all the people on this list who are
using
> Linux applications in their schools please post a message listing
> which apps they're using?  If there are shortcomings with the app
> that don't keep it from being useful to you but that you'd prefer
> see changed, you might mention those too.

My school is using the following:
Xplns
kdict
kmuser
Koha
gperiodic

Another one we're using which is not in the Appdex (but should be)
is squidGuard, a web filter that works with squid.  More info at
http://www.squidguard.org

We also use OpenOffice.

jthomas@bittware.com  http://www.bittware.com          (703)
779-7770
The sooner you get behind, the more time you'll have to catch up