Re: [seul-edu] ISO Project redux

On 2002-10-04 18:59:23 +1000 Nobody <owner-seul-edu@seul.org> wrote:

> Doug,
>
> Some time ago, I offered to evaluate some software for this ISO,
> but was given the impression that only teachers/educators would be
> qualified to do so.
[snip]

> I feel quite competent to evaluate the utility of educational
> software, perhaps not directly from a teacher's point of view, but
> as an impartial party with a reasonably broad knowledge of the
> utility of educational software.
>
> Personally, I think the more people doing these evaluations, the
> better.
>
> Dan

I agree, Dan.  If I gave the impression that only teachers/educators
were invited to do the evals, I apologize.  My intent was to got as
many teachers/educators as possible involved in the evals, since
that's our target audience and I thought they might have some
insights into what works scholastically that the rest of us wouldn't
think of as quickly.  But by no means did I intend to rule out evals
by everyone else.  Everyone, I'd like to hear from _all_ of you for
these evals.  Of course, if you know a teacher or two it wouldn't
hurt to ask their help in judging this stuff; but if you don't,
don't let that stop you!

Doug Loss
dloss@seul.org