Re: [seul-edu] ISO Phase 2--apps already in scholastic

On 10.10.2002, 12:35:28, Doug Loss wrote:
>It occurred to me this morning that some of the apps in our
>Application Index have already passed both Phase 1 and Phase 2 by
>virtue of the fact that they're actually in use at some schools.
>Those apps clearly don't have to be evaluated for their usefulness
>scholastically.  So could all the people on this list who are using

>Linux applications in their schools please post a message listing
>which apps they're using?  If there are shortcomings with the app
>that don't keep it from being useful to you but that you'd prefer
>see changed, you might mention those too.

I'm involved in the development of the Fle3 learning environment
(free Zope/Python product) that's in the app index (although has a
bit dated information).

Fle3 is being used already in several universities and some
elementary schools around the world, although we just came out of
beta stage this summer. I'd think Fle3 to be phase 2 material, but
it's a server product (used with a browser), so it's not needed by
students directly, but by the administration/teachers.

--
Tarmo Toikkanen
      - The Fle3 Team