Re: [seul-edu] Freeduc CD release .. compatibility with ISO?

On Tue, 29 Oct 2002 14:49:08 -0500
Doug Loss <drloss@suscom.net> wrote:

> Hilaire Fernandes wrote:
>
> > Yes, the philosophy of the Seul-Edu ISO and Freeduc-CD project are a bit
> > different.
> >
> > The first one wants to bring a complete repository of software of
> > interest for the education while the second one wants to bring a small
> > set of software in a runnable environment.
> >
> > Indeed they seem complementary, the Freeduc-CD may benefice from
> > selected software of the Seul-Edu ISO. One can see it as a snaphsot
> > of the Seul-Edu ISO. In the other hand, Seul-Edu ISO may benefice from
> > users attracted in the first place by the Freeduc-CD.
> >
> > Concerning the package, I have only build one .deb package (drgenius)
> > and I am not sure I can do more, I prefer to grab pacakge around.
>
> Hilaire is exactly right.  These two efforts don't compete, but can each benefit the
> other.  Hilaire, have you submitted your DEB to Debian for inclusion in DebianEdu?
> And are the other DEBs on the Freeduc-CD in Debian yet?  Raphael Hertzog, you should
> look through OFSET's work here if you haven't yet and see what can be adopted into
> DebianEdu.

The last DrGenius .deb package should go through the Debian so it is no
problem. Concerning the other stuffs stack in the Freeduc CD they all
come from the unstable Debian, so nothing really new there.

--
OFSET - http://www.ofset.org
Organization for Free Software

PGP signature