Re: [seul-edu] thin clients using Linux in the classroom?

On Thursday 31 October 2002 09:49 pm, Dennis Daniels wrote:
> I point this out because, first I'm not aware of an Open Source, thin
> client server product. And secondly, if there is one, does anyone know
> if it's being used in a public school environment?

If you're after a Windows-thin-client Unix client, try the rdesktop RDP
client, which ships with Mandrake 8.2 and 9.0 but runs on practically
everything (including, I think, Windows with a suitable X driver). It has an
interesting option which tells the Windows Terminal Server that rdesktop
already has a licence...

> Anyone heard of a linux server for thin clients in the Open Source world?

Search for LTSP. Mandrake 9.0 ships with a similar (clustering and
autoinstall) system which can be altered to be LTSPish as well.

Cheers; Leon