Re: [seul-edu] OSS for schools

hi... i think that wqe can work whit anything
platforms... othwerwise ms office, open office,
staroffice o kde office... i dont understand why
not... Ive have made print materials to use this
software and i think that is goog to have alternative.

So, we need to take care whit some forms or attributes
to files but for any other reason is good. I work whit
Open Office, MS Office and StarOffice under Linux and
share many files whit other co-workers under MS and
dont have much problems... salu2 manuel vargas
alegría...

--- David Lloyd <lloy0076@adam.com.au> wrote:

> Robin,

> how to use OpenOffice /
> with computers at all.
>
> > It's also not realistic, although I sympathise
> with the sentiment.  Many
> > people who neither like nor understand computers,
> simply have to use
> > them.
>
> It's absolutely realistic. If people are being
> forced to use a tool that
> makes them unproductive then there has to be a clear
> business case why
> that tool is required. Otherwise, your organisation
> has chosen the wrong
> toolset and this will contribute, at best, to
> increased costs and at worst
> to a decrease in your organisation's
> competitiveness.
>
> Notice, though, that I haven't said "Don't use
> computers" - if you employ
> someone who will use his or her computer time
> unproductively, even if
> that's not deliberate, you need to take that account
> in your day-to-day
> business plan.
>

> DSL
> --
> The Open Source Business Network in SA
>  ...will be open soon! Watch this space.

=====
Lic. Manuel Vargas Alegría
IT Consultant
Calle Tupac Amaru 153 Sector 2 urb. Los Próceres,
Lima - Perú

Telefono: 511-2741203