Re: Major interview

In reply:
There are two main areas of interest one is computers as a tool for
information gathering, ananlysis and reporting. As such a tool it has to be
integrated into all curriculum areas. This I believe can be done with
1. A web browser
2. E-mail
3. Presentation package such as Kid Pix, which allows multimedia
4. Integrated simple word processing (DTP even better), spread sheet and
database.
So schools do not need a lot of software to make effective use of a whole
range of information technologies.

The other software is computer assisted learning programmes. Thses can cover
a whole range of areas and would be picked on their merits.
I have no problem with paying for software, I just cannot afford the Black
hole effects of something like Microsoft. When you set up a network costs
just escalate. Intrananet is also a good way for staff and students to get
to grips with network capability.

If the Edsoft products are good quality, and meet the educational
requirements, paying a fee for them is not an issue with me. I feel people
should be able to be recompensed for their work but the exponential growth
of costs is a killer to most small educational communities.

People also expect it to look like windows based interfaces, and to be as
easy as clikcking a mouse!!

Trust this is some use!!!