Re: Project update time - GGB

> Bradley, have you looked into using a SQL backend for your database?
> MySQL/mSQL and other free SQL backends are becoming very popular for many
> open-source projects.  The advantage that you get is the database does not
> necessary have to be on the same machine as the client.  In addition,
> you'll find that all the I/O work is done for you, and you can achieve
> greater readability of code by avoiding the nitty gritty of coding your
> own database.  Using this approach, GGB could easily be expanded at some
> point to support the use of an entire school, by using a server with the
> SQL database, and allowing GGB clients to connect.

David, I have been looking into using a SQL for a backend database.  I had the
same thought, the client could be used to access a central database server.
Although I have used MySQL before, I've never actually written a program to
directly interact with MySQL.  It might take a while before SQL is supported but
it is on my list of things I would like to see implemented in GGB.
    Bradley Burnside