Re: Offtopic: Setting Passwords

I don't know exactly what you need.. I had to create 700 accounts (no
passwords) for students at corbett elementary school.

We did up a script that auto creates the home dir (out of the
/home/student home dir on the nfs server) and creates the users on the
NIS server, it runs make in /var/yp to sync the nis database, and
everything is done via ssh2.

If someone would like the script (.2 beta), email me priveatly, and I
will send it and the companion script off of the nfs server to you.

IT is GPLed, and if you make changes to it, please email them to the
authors (friends of a friend of mine authored it).

			Harry