Re: HOW-TOs

One note: on item #2 below, it is important to strike a good balance between
repeating information from other HowTos and such, and referencing them for
those who want or need more detailed information. In general, my take is
that on-line materials do too much referencing, too little duplicating,
because the ability to create hyperlinks makes going to the sources appear
to be easier (for the ultimate user) than it really is. Really, our standard
for repeating information should be at or near that of printed information,
not on-line information ... print authors and publishers have had a lot more
practice getting this balance right than have on-line authors.

Bill -- let me know how I can help here, specifically with item #2.

Palo Alto, CA           	 	         ray@comarre.com