Re: HOW-TOs

Ray Olszewski <ray@comarre.com> wrote:
>In general, my take is that on-line materials do too much
>referencing, too little duplicating, because the ability to create
>hyperlinks makes going to the sources appear to be easier (for the
>ultimate user) than it really is.

Well, the other part is that cutting and pasting is deceptively easy, as
I've found many times when programming.  The maintenance can kill you.
Which raises the question of maintenance.  These documents will quickly
become outdated (especially on things like AbiWord, which are under
active development).  I don't think I'm going anywhere with this, just
noting that it's an issue.

  -- Ian