Re: HOW-TOs

bickiia@earlham.edu wrote:

> Well, the other part is that cutting and pasting is deceptively easy, as
> I've found many times when programming.  The maintenance can kill you.

I don't really know how this works together with html and paper stuff, but
apparently XML has some feature that allows you to quote from another
document. The quoted material is not stored in your document, it just points
to the other document, and each time you look at your document (or print it
or generate it) the section from the other document is shown to you (instead
of a link). It looks like cut and paste but it's not, and it's not a link
either.
Xanadu allows this as well (xanadu.com)
and apparently there are proposed html tags floating around.
(http://www.sfc.keio.ac.jp/~ted/TPUB/TranspubPoster.html)

--
Reto Stamm
Know a great place? Share it! http://www.freeguide.org