Thoughts on web site design

I thought I would lay out my thoughts on a design for the seul-edu web
site and see if there are any comments. On the SEUL home page have a
schoolhouse for the seul-edu icon. Clicking it would set one in a
classroom where a blackboard would have written on it our news items.
Next there would be the teacher's desk and on the desk there would be a
stack of books with titles such as HOW-TOs, Clickable Cell Biology
Course, etc. Most of what is on the seul-edu web pages is text which can
be thought of as pages in a book. Thus clicking on a book on the desk
brings up that material. When we get too many books for the table, we
can go to the library and continue on. I have run this by an artist with
favorable comments. Roman, what do you think? Continuing on with the
book idea and the convergence of the computer and the TV. I don't know
about Europe and Japan but in the US digital TV will be a 16x9 screen
instead of the current 4x3 screen for TVs and monitors. The Diamond
Viper II card will have a resolusion up to 1920x1080x32 which is the
16x9 ratio. Anyway a 16x9 ratio is a nice layout for an open book where
you can just flip pages. The set top computer is coming. Ok comments
everyone.

Bob