Re: HowTo/Tutorial Project List

Doug Loss wrote:

> Hilaire Fernandes wrote:
> >
> > The edu group of the Guilde association (France) as such a database
> > since a few time.
> > http://www.ac-grenoble.fr/carmi-internet/ge/liens.php
>
> This looks like a very nice database!
>
> > The goals of this database is :
> >
> > First, list the application looking interesting for the education.
> >
> > Next, evaluate this application and provide a classification
> >
> > And finaly opening a ftp site and/or build a cdrom with this
> > applications.
> >
> Bob, Stephen, and Hilaire, is there some way we can use the info in the
> Guilde DB to aid in the construction of ours, or a way we can link the
> two together?  We could provide both English and French translations
> (and Russian, Spanish, German, etc.) of the items.  If Guilde is
> interested in extending the DB to include multi-language capability and
> in allowing outside access to it, should we consider either mirroring it
> or providing a separate frontend into it rather than developing our own
> separate DB?  If the answers to the above are all "yes" we would of
> course have to enter all the qualifying software on our software page
> into the database, but that doesn't seem like too difficult of a
> problem.  Hilaire, Victor, what do you think?

Doug, I just got down to this. One doesn't want to duplicate anything if
possible. I guess what I'm wondering is how would one handle a situation
such as the following: A school has standardized on KDE, mysql, and wants
to know what software is available for the fifth grade science class in
Spanish? I am always open to all suggestions.

Bob