Re: HowTo/Tutorial Project List

Hilaire Fernandes wrote:

> The edu group of the Guilde association (France) as such a database
> since a few time.
> http://www.ac-grenoble.fr/carmi-internet/ge/liens.php

This looks like a very nice database!

> The goals of this database is :
>
> First, list the application looking interesting for the education.
>
> Next, evaluate this application and provide a classification
>
> And finaly opening a ftp site and/or build a cdrom with this
> applications.

Bob, Stephen, and Hilaire, is there some way we can use the info in the
Guilde DB to aid in the construction of ours, or a way we can link the
two together?  We could provide both English and French translations
(and Russian, Spanish, German, etc.) of the items.  If Guilde is
interested in extending the DB to include multi-language capability and
in allowing outside access to it, should we consider either mirroring it
or providing a separate frontend into it rather than developing our own
separate DB?  If the answers to the above are all "yes" we would of
course have to enter all the qualifying software on our software page
into the database, but that doesn't seem like too difficult of a
problem.  Hilaire, Victor, what do you think?