Re: XML vs DocBooks

Doug Loss writes:
 > Bill Tihen -- TECHNOLOGY wrote:
 > ... As Bill said,
 > there should be a way of generating XML from DocBooks too.

There's an XML DTD for DocBook, and for example GNOME documentation is
conforming to this DTD (at least the GNOME user's guide).  Somebody
please correct me if I'm wrong.

This means that DocBook is XML-ready.

Just because XML is trendy, we must not try to use it in every
possible place.  :-)  What I mean really is that if DocBook is what you
need today, i.e. it does the job you want, then why look for an other
solution.

Peace, Laurent.
--
Laurent.Gauthier@gothic.remcomp.fr +;+ ``Keep it simple: as simple as possible,
             at home               ;:;   but no simpler.''