Re: EDU-HowTo Standard (was Re: XML vs DocBooks)

Hi,

I probably wasn't clear.  What I mean was that I was
going to show people the predefined tags that we are
likely to use, i.e.  <userinput>, etc.

However, I was currious about context tags -- for
indexing & searching the documents.  I was reading that
it possible to do excellent searches and indexing if we
create our DocBook documents correctly.  I don't have
any idea what types of tags are available and I don't
even have a clear idea what we would want to be able to
index or search for after we have finished a HowTo or a
Tutorial.  Are there any experienced editor/techincal
writers who could help advise us on this?  This is an
important area for use to standardize so that our
documents are meaningful to search after we have written
them.

Quoting Ramin Miraftabi <ramin@cs.joensuu.fi>:
> I don't know if O'Reilly has any standards for it, but
the DocBook

If you think of it, please let me know.  I am reading
everything I can find.

> reference (can't remember the link off-hand) does a
good job of

Please go ahead and ask.

> showing how to do what. If in doubt ask, and I can see
if the DocBook

Bill

If you find this message objectionable
or of questionable authenticity please