RE: [seul-edu] Comprehensive Student Management System

On Thu, 31 Aug 2000, Douglas Loss <dloss@suscom.net> wrote:
Subject: RE: [seul-edu] Comprehensive Student Management System

> On Thu, 31 Aug 2000, Raybould, Kevin wrote:
> >
> > If that is the case, then I would be forced to agree - it is
> > probably better to build a Linux centric one first.
> >
> It doesn't have to be either/or.  Take a look at wxWindows:
>
> http://www.wxwindows.org/
>
> and FOX:
>
> http://www.cfdrc.com/FOX/fox.html
>
> Both of these toolkits/APIs make development of cross-platform
> GUI clients considerably easier.

I would recommend Tk.  You can get a lot of UI built in a very few lines of
code, it just happens to be cross platform, and it is already installed on
every major Linux platform.  Tk is bound to Tcl, Python, and even Perl
(although Tcl remains my favorite), so you can use your preferred high level
scripting language to speed development.

Bob (who lurks in the background most days)
--
Bob Techentin                                  techentin.robert@mayo.edu
Mayo Foundation                                           (507) 284-2702