Re: [seul-edu] SEUL Licensing (was: Our presence at trade shows)

Just got back from a short holiday and here I find a large thread on the
subject of licensing edsoft.

Now I am an educational software developer - it is my sole means of earning
a living.

Can anyone give me concrete examples of how I can earn my living - even
modestly - releasing my software under "Free software Licensing" (GPL for
example)?

So if you're a "die-hard free software advocate" persuade me! I've talked to
publishers for the last 2 years now about this and thought and thought 'til
my brain burns out but I can never come up with a model that could work.

One important point I'd like to make is that content is usually not free and
publishers have no control over that. When one must license photos, videos
etc. etc. that licensing money must come from somewhere. Also - especially
in the context of history for example, such sources are not readily
available by free means.

Roman.