Re: [seul-edu] School Networking Guide (was: need detailed network advice)

I am still slowly producing docs.  I haven't updated the web-site because the
things I have written are very small and simple.  I would like to finish another
larger one and then update.  Perhaps that is stupid though.   In anycase,
progress is unfortunately very slow.  Sorry.

Other authors would be appreciated.  Even if they submit text to me and section
titles in Caps or something like that I could then format documents for people
and generate the various formats.  This would prevent all the authors from
having to learn docbook.

The original author would however, still need to first do all the editing, etc
and then I could work with the writer on the structure.

Bill

Quoting Ray Olszewski <ray@comarre.com>:

> Doug -- If I understand the import of your response to Manuel, it means
> that
> we still need someone to volunteer for the role of taking this project's
> text documents and putting them into an acceptable file format for
> publication by SEUL/edu. I should NOT check off that request as
> fulfilled.
>
> I agree that non-English versions of the document would be nice to have,
> and, Manuel, I hope the project will go ahead to the point where we have
> one
> for you to translate.
>
> At 06:09 PM 9/2/00 EDT, Douglas Loss wrote:
> >Nevertheless, DocBook is the DTD we're using for our SEUL/edu
> >documentation project guides, since we have tools to easily
> >convert DocBook documents to LaTeX, PostScript, HTML, and a
> >variety of other delivery formats.  As for only Linux geeks
> >using DocBook, so what?  It works nicely for what we want to do.
> > The object is to get the content to users in as wide a variety
> >of forms as possible.
> >
> >> Plus , I volunteer a translation to Spanish!
> >>
> >We could use that very well!  Translations into as many
> >languages as possible of all the guides we eventually generate
> >will be important.
>

> --
> Ray Olszewski                                        -- Han Solo
> Palo Alto, CA           	 	         ray@comarre.com

This mail sent through IMP: mail.tasis.ch