Re: [seul-edu] Re: X servers for Windows (was: (FWD) Re: Fw: RE: [seul-edu]Comprehensive StudentManagement)

> > I probably do not have to tell you that while freeware and shareware are
> > common on Windows, true Open Source software is still uncommon.
>
> I may step it it again here, but is that because of Windows or Windows compiler
> licensing or just not enough interest ? Would not such an application help the
> Open Source community?

I would attribute it to most people who learned to code on Win didn't
have an much if at all, any exposure to the Unix culture.  The result
was a programming ideology particular to the win world and having no
real correlation with the land of Unix.  Open-Source as a dev model is
growing slowly but steady in this area (the number of OSS projects on
Sourceforge that are non-Unix is growing steadily - including several
hundred for Windows & Mac, and several dozen for BeOS and PalmOS.