Seul todo list (was Re: [seul-edu] School Networking Guide)

On Sun, Sep 03, 2000 at 04:58:12PM +0000, Manuel Gutierrez Algaba wrote:
> Very sensible words. One of the best ideas of Sourceforge ( the
> bad one would be use SSL ) is to have a page of projects asking
> for help , does SEUL have one? Well, If you clearly state which
> is the current status and what do you need,... that would help
> me to help you.

http://www.seul.org/what/todo.html is what we have up currently.
It's old, but it's actually still remarkably valid.

Of course, it's also not fine-grained at all. And it doesn't cover the
other seul projects, for the most part.

It would be nice to have something up that is relatively standalone,
doesn't require much interaction or maintenance, is small and simple,
and can automate the gathering and displaying of a todo list. cgi, eperl,
php3, shtml, whatever works (we've got all of them in use already).

But more importantly, we need the content. I've asked people in the
seul projects for lists of what they want, and they tend to answer
in generalities like "more programmers" or "an artist". I hand them
programmers and artists as I come across them, but it's difficult to
put up a generic and still useful list for the public to peruse.

And I have some more specifics like "we need people to build rpm's for our
stuff" or "we need people to talk to the main distributions and tell them
to include our stuff" (for instance, Aaron Turner apparently convinced
mandrake in san jose to ship pingus in their distribution).  But it is
amazingly difficult to get people to volunteer to do that sort of thing...

--Roger