Re: [seul-edu] The Gospel of Tux from my archive...

On Mon, 4 Sep 2000, Bill Ries-Knight wrote:
> until the speaker melts. Archeologists at the University of Helsinki

Helsinki won't exist in let's say 200 years. Sea-level rising will
collapse that and other cities.

> today uncovered what could be the earliest known
> writings from the Cult of Tux, a fanatical religious sect that

I've heard about Cult of the Cow.

> flourished during the early Silicon Age, around the dawn of the
> third millenium AD...

> And the Machine was crufty and bogacious, existing in theory only. And
> von Neumann looked upon the Machine, and saw

And von Neumann robbed the idea of data/code separation from two
other scientist, which name is forgotten, only to remember the
name of the von Neumann. Neumann the thief.

> themselves Suits to wear, the better to lure their customers, and wrote
> grave and perilous Licenses, the better to bind the
> Systems. And the sons of Marketing thus became known as Suits, despising
> and being despised by the true Engineers, the
> children of von Neumann.

Is the original sin (robbing ) in Neumann ? The father of sin ?

> cried loudly unto heaven, saying, "Oh that there would be created a
> System mighty in power, yet small in size, able to reach
> into the very home!" And the Engineers groaned and cried likewise,

And the Sinclair ZX Spectrum went out the pyramid.

And MSDOS annoyed Turing, and Turing blamed MSDOS up to the seven
generation to be a buggy system:" Thou, hwat ever ye naim is , shall
bee doomed for eons of Megaherz".

> triumphing over Macintosh in a mighty Battle of Licences. Windows NT

And Macintosh followed the example of his grangranfather, and
Macintosh robbed, it robbed the secrets of the  Xerox temple. But,
Turing in all his might allowed such a robbing to perform his
revenge over MSDOS. He punished Mac with the talion law, eye for
eye and rob for rob, and he let Microsoft rob Macintosh graphical
donkey. And, Turing smiled knowing Microsoft will be blamed forever
with the ownership of the evilish donkey...

> Now in those days there was in the land of Helsinki a young scholar
> named Linus the Torvald. Linus was a devout man, a

great follower of the Beer Goddess,

> disciple of RMS

, RMS the hard horned demon, expelled from the AI labs and which
would be ,some day, another tool for "Turing's revenge". Yeah, RMS
,under Turing inspiration, imposed over the world the reign of the
untractable elisp, the arcanes systems of info like .texinfo, and
over all the GPL license, darkness of the darkness, definitive revenge
due to the original sin ( Neumman robs ).

>and mighty in the spirit of Turing, von Neumann and
> Moore. One day as he was meditating on the
> Architecture, Linus fell into a trance and was granted a vision.

He was drowning in a great lake full of Guinness bear, smiling and
realising he was drowning when a Great Siberian Penguin (extint)
smoke and said:

- Stop that endless sucession of damnations, save the world, make
happy Turing and Goedel, the almighties. Give the world a support
for running true languages, python , Lisp,... Kill and destroy
the products of the sinners: Graphic donkey, the C language...

When Linus woke up from his dream, he forgot that he had to build
an OS for running python, but he didn't forgot that he had to
build an OS.

But the root of sin  was deep. And Turing inspired Icaza to
recreate it in the "Graphical donkey", the golden idol, to seed
confussion and apart the people from the sacred path of the console
and the recursive function...

Regards/Saludos
Manolo
www.ctv.es/USERS/irmina    /TeEncontreX.html   /texpython.htm
/pyttex.htm /cruo/cruolinux.htm ICQ:77697936 (sirve el ICQ para algo?)

  momentum, n.: What you give a person when they are going away.