[seul-edu] I'm moving

Apart from philosophical arguments here and there in the various
forums I use to dwell, I'm the father of some Open Source Projects.

It happens that I have to move all of them from my current
ISP ctv to other one. The question is to get cheaper phone bills.
I'll spare you the details.

I've thought that SEUL could host them. Some of them are not
under the label "stupid end-user", I mean "simple end-user". I'm
referring  to some of the packages about TeX. It's a pity that
we are so split in many groups. LaTeX is no way "simple end-user".
But, as I'm moving with all the equipment I'd like to get them into too.
I've thought that SEUL should support TeX/LaTeX, besides it's
very used in school and university, surely 12 yr old kids can't
use, but LaTeX is usable for 18 yr men, nearly "stupid", I mean
"simple".
I know I shouldn't be using "stupid" instead of "simple" but ...
many of you may understand what a user is.

Well, hosting the projects themselves may give a great support for
SEUL, because some of the projects may be very sucessful, so more
hits, more fame, more Time front pages ... I think.

This is the full listing of projects I handle now:

- Crosswords for Linux. Well, this is a very succesful project,
virtually, I can post every week a new version to freshmeat and
that means 100 hits daily (just changing the data).
This is fully SEULish. This would be a kind of site of Javascript,
100-200 pages. Downloadable. That is the app is a set of Javascript
pages.  I'd like : crossword.seul.org or similar

- Crosswords for Linux the compilator. Well, it'd be the app that
produces Crosswords for Linux. I just have to tidy a bit all the
processes that generate Crosswords, add a bit of help system.
I'd like : crosswordgen.seul.org  or similar.

- TeEncontreX. This is very succesful too. Again , I have the
advantage of flooding freshmeat with new versions whenever I like,
I just have to add a bit of data. It's a set of HTML-based help
system of Latex/TeX commands. It's multilingual. All of it is
downloadable. It's Leibniz-chunk-based technology.
What about contrex.seul.org (I've been told I may have problems
with TEENcontrex ).

Now it comes the "bad part".

- pyttex. This is not an application but an advocacy page about
TeX and LaTeX. Well to ease your zeals about holding tightly to
our Manifesto, What about a :

http://tex.seul.org/pyttex

This means two things:
- SEUL supports tex.
- pyttex is one of the pages supporting TeX inside of SEUL.

I don't know if this is possible technically. So ...pyttex points
to a dir reachable by me, while tex.seul.org/other points to a
dir reachable by John Doe.

- texpython. This is page supporting some pages for documenting
in LaTeX. It's not very SEULish but remember this is the bad part.
They're interesting tools , btw.

- Tex/LaTeX webring. Well, I'm the ring master of it. And it has
a web page of the ring. what about tex.seul.org/webring It's in
the webring organization, btw, they're moving to Yahoo and it's a
bit messy these days.

- python webring . Well, idem eadem idem.... This is more problematic
... ideas ?

- MiniBloquiHeader : It's another LaTeX app. BTW, it's in CTAN,
like TeEncontreX and the others.

What's more ah yes, now the big part.

I'm almost finishing the biggest of them all. It's my thesis, well,
the sort of work I'm required to get my Engineer certificate.
It's a Game of War. Well it's far more complex it includes:
- a map viewer : python/tk
- core of simulator: python
- Artificial intelligence:  Clips + expect+ tcl

Well, I expect to have three different web pages for each, because
in fact, they're indepedent (you know, good structuration and so on ).

This may be the most succesful of all, for many reasons. This
is somewhat SEULish and somewhat pretty advanced.

I think I haven't forgot any of my Open Source projects out there.

I've chosen SEUL for these reasons:
- Fast
- I know the people
- Non commercial

I know Tripod, Sourceforge...

I'd like to get all of them inside SEUL, having one or several out
of it would be a bit nasty.

The move could start at the last days of September, first of November.

If I remember well, this would increase by a 10 % the current number
of projects supported by SEUL.

Regards/Saludos
Manolo
www.ctv.es/USERS/irmina    /TeEncontreX.html   /texpython.htm
/pyttex.htm /cruo/cruolinux.htm ICQ:77697936 (sirve el ICQ para algo?)

  Baker's First Law of Federal Geometry: A block grant is a solid mass of money surrounded on all sides by governors.