[seul-edu] School Networking Guide - LAST CALL for comments

Just wanted to remind everyone that I am waiting for comments on the idea of
a SEUL/edu project to write a School Betworking Guide. Specifically, I am
still looking for responess in these two areas (quoted from my original
posting):

1. Do others on the list see this as a valuable project? If you have an
opinion on this, please respond, either on the list or privately to me (as
you prefer).

2. Are their enough volunteers interested in this project? ...if you are
willing to volunteer, please post a message saying so, along with two details:

        1. your suggestions as to what the scope of the document
                should be (ideally, a proposed list of chapters)

        2. an indication of that pieces of #1 you would be willing to
                take on writing the initial draft of.

I'll be back to the list Monday or Tuesday with a report on the responses I
received and an indication of whether I think there is enough interest to
begin this project or if I think it needs to be shelved until more resources
become available.

In thinking about the merits of the project, you might want to look at what
is already available. Aside from resources available at www.linuxdoc.org
(all general resources; I don't know of anything there that is specific to
using Linux in school networking settings), there are these:

        http://www.riverdale.k12.or.us/linux/netadmin/
                (and other info listed at
                http://www.riverdale.k12.or.us/linux/)

        http://admin.cmsd.bc.ca/documentation/cmsd-wan.html
                (and other info found on this SEUL/edu page -
                http://www.seul.org/edu/docs/relateddoc/index.html)

Palo Alto, CA           	 	         ray@comarre.com