Re: [seul-edu] School Networking Guide - LAST CALL for comments

Dear all,

A general (quick) comment. I think this is a very good idea, to wich I am ready to
participate (share ideas and experience, write parts of the HOWTO) and devote some
time and energy, but not before October 15. I have already too many projects
running that concerns OSS, especially in schools.

Best regards,

Nicolas

Ray Olszewski wrote:

> Just wanted to remind everyone that I am waiting for comments on the idea of
> a SEUL/edu project to write a School Betworking Guide. Specifically, I am
> still looking for responess in these two areas (quoted from my original
> posting):
>
> 1. Do others on the list see this as a valuable project? If you have an
> opinion on this, please respond, either on the list or privately to me (as
> you prefer).
>
> 2. Are their enough volunteers interested in this project? ...if you are
> willing to volunteer, please post a message saying so, along with two details:
>
>         1. your suggestions as to what the scope of the document
>                 should be (ideally, a proposed list of chapters)
>
>         2. an indication of that pieces of #1 you would be willing to
>                 take on writing the initial draft of.
>
> I'll be back to the list Monday or Tuesday with a report on the responses I
> received and an indication of whether I think there is enough interest to
> begin this project or if I think it needs to be shelved until more resources
> become available.
>
> In thinking about the merits of the project, you might want to look at what
> is already available. Aside from resources available at www.linuxdoc.org
> (all general resources; I don't know of anything there that is specific to
> using Linux in school networking settings), there are these:
>
>         http://www.riverdale.k12.or.us/linux/netadmin/
>                 (and other info listed at
>                 http://www.riverdale.k12.or.us/linux/)
>
>         http://admin.cmsd.bc.ca/documentation/cmsd-wan.html
>                 (and other info found on this SEUL/edu page -
>                 http://www.seul.org/edu/docs/relateddoc/index.html)
>

> --
> ------------------------------------"Never tell me the odds!"---
> Ray Olszewski                                        -- Han Solo
> Palo Alto, CA                                    ray@comarre.com
begin:vcard
n:Pettiaux;Nicolas
tel;home:+32.2.675.34.40
tel;work:+32.2.565.39.71
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
adr:;;Avenue du pérou 29;Bruxelles;;1000;Belgique
version:2.1
email;internet:nicolas.pettiaux@linuxbe.org
title:Dr
fn:Nicolas Pettiaux