Re: [seul-edu] directory of educational apps on Linux

On Sat, 23 Sep 2000, Ray Olszewski wrote:
> Before I left, I posted an outline for a possible directory of educational
> applications, one based on Doug's weekly reports, asking for feedback on the
> idea and the outline. I got some that suggested a superior approach would be
> a php-based database. I don't *think* I got any on the actual outline.
>
> Where is this project going? If it is moving to php, I'll have to pass it
> onto someone else, as I have neither a current familiarity with that
> software nor the time to acquire one in the near future. If the simpler,
> static-page idea seems worth doing -- though the lack of positive feedback
> on that idea makes me doubt it -- how do I arrange the needed access to get
> it started?

I suggested an email interfase to a bot that would refresh
the pages.
So just  emailing to a bot, that bot would do the maintenance
of the web pages. Nobody commented the idea, and it seems php it's
better.

The bot could be achieved with python objects holding the dynamic
data of the static pages.

I'll start doing such beast when I have more time. My post is
archived in the list archive at seul. I think it's a fairly flexible
idea, as email is the most common and easy of communication.

Regards/Saludos
Manolo
www.ctv.es/USERS/irmina    /TeEncontreX.html   /texpython.htm
/pyttex.htm /cruo/cruolinux.htm ICQ:77697936 (sirve el ICQ para algo?)

  WYSIWYG: What You See Is What You Get.