Re: [seul-edu] X setup

On Thu, 6 Sep 2001, Dave Prentice wrote:

> screens go black until you press a key or jiggle a mouse. Does anybody know
> how to change the time until the screen goes black? I'd like it to be about
> 30 minutes instead. I didn't see anything in gdmconfig.

Try using "xset s 1800" to see if this will set the blank timeout to 30
minutes. If this works, then set this in your XF86Config files; for
example, "BlankTime 30" in the Screen section.

But depending on your video (such as DPMS support), you may have other
options like SuspendTime and OffTime.

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://www.reedmedia.net/