Re: [seul-edu] Call for help

I suppose your right, I will post a new thread for feedback for what we
should include in this package, beyond the obvious linux CD.
Documentation? What documentation? Is it written yet? Or do we need to
write it? etc..

Jeff

On Wed, 2002-09-25 at 14:55, Roger Dingledine wrote:
    On Wed, Sep 25, 2002 at 01:09:21PM -0400, Jeff Knox wrote:
    >         I am going to really start working on the whole LUG support
    > material project that we talked about so many LinuxWorld's ago. I
    > want to get a material package going for schools as well, with some
    > cds, instructions, some articles, etc. The problem in the past with
    > that has been getting a sponsor to front a bunch of linux cds and
    > other related material cost. cough cough redhat fork over some bucks
    > cough cough.

    Good to hear from you, Jeff. (Yes, that was many Linuxworlds ago, wasn't
    it. :)

    I suspect this is a chicken-and-egg thing: you don't want to work on
    it until you've got somebody lined up to pay for deploying it, and they
    don't want to commit to paying until you've got it ready.

    How about just building it, and then going to people with a first draft
    to say "here it is, can you distribute it for me?" I suspect Red Hat,
    or IBM, might be happy to deploy some extra educational materials,
    as long as they don't have to do it all themselves.

    --Roger