Re: My doubts about Debian choice

Þann 08-Feb-98 skrifar jfm2@club-internet.fr:

> And about Lyx it is unfinished work, but its merit to Debian people is
> than it is related to LateX.

  Unix people, prefer LaTeX... it has nothing to do with Debian.

> What I don't have forgotten is quite simply read the license: Caldera
> Lite can be distributed freely, Suse does not allow commercial
> distribution of its proprietary configuration tools but nothing seems
> to oppose using non-proprietary sdoftwzare they package and about
> Redhat it is entirely GPLed, lets repeat it a couple of times entirely
> GPLEd, entirely GPLed.  Yes a commercial company can produce GPLed
> software.
>
> So we can use this software.

  What on earth are you so upset about... are you on a personal crusade or
something? :-)

  If you intend to use only the GPL'ed stuff of redhad, then changing to
RedHad it just a moot discussion point, of yours or my personal preference.
Because the libc6 package, that is provided by RedHat, is precisely the
same package as provided by Debian... they both come from GNU.

Orn Einar Hansen                         oe.hansen@oehansen.pp.se
                                          oehansen@daimi.aau.dk
                                        voice+fax; +46 035 217194
===