Re: Newx at this college ...

> This college (15 k students)  has  decided  to go 100% linux!!.
VERY COOL!

> All Novell+NT servers will go gradually down and a RedHat  (hehe)  setup
> will power the several systems running inhere.
And someday soon to SEUL :-)

> Anyway.  I already  recruited  (thru  the  network  boss  here  -who
> happens  to  be  a fiend of mine, hehe-) a 30 peer-student group for
> the experiement.  The idea is  to  establish  at this college a beta
> end user group which will grow from zero and will keep  testing  and
> doing  data  input for the SEG.  IMO, this is the safest approach we
> may have to obtain hard-core data.  Data gathered from the net could
> be complementary.
Cool!  The next stage for the SEG will be to write up full documentation on
the processes used, and get things up on the website.  I will be posting
documentation on sdoc (in progress) rsn, hopefully an initial draft
tonight.  That will give you enough information to start building up the
SEG website.  I'll also write up quick instructions on getting the CVS
repository set up and in use, so you can start using that to develop your
pages.

TTYL,
    Omega

     Erik Walthinsen <omega@seul.org> - SEUL Project system architect
        __
       /  \                SEUL: Simple End-User Linux -
      |    | M E G A            Creating a Linux distribution
      _\  /_                         for the home or office user

===
===