Re: Comments please

> From: George Bonser <grep@oriole.sbay.org>
> cc: seul-leaders@seul.org
>
> On Wed, 28 Jan 1998, Rick Jones wrote:
>
> > That is the problem with the dependancies I was refering to.
>
> What problem?  Red Hat is dependancies too.  It just does not let you know
> about them until you waste your time downloading a package and then try
> to install it and fails because you need something else.  So now you
> download and install it and THAT fails because you need to upgrade
> yet something else.

The Debian method could be useful for downloading a package but it is
really irritating and distracting when you are installing the whole
distrib from CD.  You are prompted and reprompted until you end not
knowing what you were doing.  In fact many times I was prompted when
in fact I had from the start the intention to install the dependency
only that the package depending on was shown before the dependency.
An ergonomic disaster.

--
			Jean Francois Martinez

===