SEUL Project Status, Last call.

I have created an HTML document containing all of the information
received so far. I will be mailing this to the public lists soon.
If there are any errors, problems or additions to what I have written
here please let me know.

Thanks.

Ken Duck
twoducks@globalserve.net

Title: SEUL Project Status

SEUL Project Status

Draft version 0.2

March 7, 1998

Introduction

The tables, below, list the status of currently underway projects within SEUL. The list is currently under construction. If you know of a project that is underway please mail a description of it, the contact for the project, and which group it belongs in, to Ken Duck.

Submitting project proposals

If there is a project which you think would be useful in SEUL, write to the mailing list for the appropriate group and propose the project. Once you know there are no similar projects underway mail Ken Duck so your project can be added to the list.

Submitting project updates

If you are currently working on a SEUL related project which is not listed here, or if there is an update for your project, please mail it to Ken Duck.

Sometime (hopefully soon) this process will be automated.

seul-leaders

Sdoc
  • Sdoc is under ongoing development
  • seul-project

    Website
  • The website is under major revision currently
  • There is a BIG need for volunteers to work on the website
  • Contact: Erik Walthinsen
  • seul-pub

    Whylinux
  • The document has been completed: Whylinux
  • Needs maintainer:
  • seul-dev-admin

    proclog
  • A basic utility to process the logs in /var/adm in an abstract manner.
  • On hold pending information on similar projects.
  • seul-dev-apps

    App Lists
  • A preliminary list of necessary applications is forthcoming.
  • Contacts: Kai Wetzel, Peter Luka
  • seul-dev-distrib

    Debian experiments
  • A (slightly) modified version of debian's boot disk has been developed
  • A modified debian distribution is being experimented with
  • seul-dev-help

    Help browser and viewer
  • Currently under development
  • Supports html, text and man
  • Planned support of texinfo/info and search
  • Contact: Ken Duck
  • Help doc format
  • Experiments underway for potential formats
  • Help doc system
  • Existing help systems (in other distributions) being explored.
  • Scripts written to incorporate some existing docs into system.
  • Help file access methods being designed.
  • seul-dev-install

    Install specifications
  • Currently being worked on. Early version will be released soon.
  • Specification is very broad.
  • The steps will be divided up for sub-groups to work on individual parts.
  • Contact: Randy Heineke
  • DOS pre-install specifications
  • Being developed
  • Used to partition hard drive and gather H/W info.
  • Will be available soon.
  • Contact: Randy Heineke
  • seul-dev-ui

    Xdm loop fix
  • A fix for the xdm looping problem has been developed.