Are we in this for ourselves? (fwd)

-- BEGIN included message

Well, "the world" becomes more important if you happen to have a job in
computer programming. My job will probably move from Unix to Microsoft
NT systems - it's the stated goal of my boss at the moment. When that
happens, I'll probably find another job, but it looks as if Unix systems
folks won't be such a hot property forever - unless we work at promoting
Linux. So "the world" and "me" work out to be pretty much the same thing
in this case.

At the Democracy conference, I'm talking about how to keep Microsoft from
being the computer equivalent of a totalitarian world government.

	Thanks

	Bruce