Re: SEUL: Re: Networking proposals second version.

On Fri, 26 Dec 1997, Erik Walthinsen wrote:

> I have some ideas myself on some serious search
> tools designed to work from almost nothing, so that someone with not the
> slightest clue where to start can at least do a reasonable search for what
> they need.

I'm currently working on a program that'd be great for that...  S.I.M.O.N.
is a program that will be a complex data storage and retreival system with
a natural language frontend.  For example, say you told Simon:

John got on a purple bus to go the store so he could buy groceries.

and asked it questions, it would respond appropriately.  I'm not even
close to having the data storage/retreival system functioning with a
command-driven if yet, I don't expect to have anything useable for years.
My goal is to have it work via e-mail and IRC, carrying on conversations
with people...  TTYL!

                            ---
                        Paul Anderson
		   paul @ geeky1.ebtech.net
    Author of Star Spek(a tongue in cheek pun on Star trek)
e-mail: starspek-request@lowdown.com with subscribe as the subject
I hear it's hilarious.               Maintainer of the Tips-HOWTO.
          http://www.netcom.com/~tonyh3/speck.html
                There's no future in time travel