Re: SEUL: SEOL Text EDITOR

George Bonser wrote:

> On Sun, 1 Feb 1998, Sailesh Krishnamurthy wrote:
>
> > Well if emacs is too large, there are quite a few "emacs-like" editors like joe
> > and jed which are small enough, and offer a comfortable home for a new user.
> > Definitely more comfortable than vi.
>
> More comfortable if you use emacs.  I find vi more comfortable than emacs
> probably because I use it.  We need a text editor like pico that lets the
> user use the arrow keys, backspace over text to erase it &c.

Hmm things like arrow keys, return, backspace etc work out of the box with the emacs
I use. I'm pretty sure it will be the same with joe and jed. AFAIK pico is based on
emacs keybindings.  For starters, emacs is more comfortable than vi just because it
has a single mode - switching between modes is confusing for new users. Of course,
vi keybinds are awesome, and I use vi frequently to edit  small files.

--
Cheers
Sailesh (http://www.meer.net/~sailesh)