Re: SEUL: Boring word processors

Attracting developers to something actually useful, not merely
intellectually stimulating, would be a good thing.

However, I find it difficult to believe that Free Software Developers all
think that Word Processors are boring, since Emacs was one of the first GNU
utilities; it's better than it's contemporary WordStar (or so I've heard;
I'm a "vi" man myself, and I managed to avoid WordStar before it became
obsolete) ... and there seem to be lots of free small word processors of
the text-mode era (vim, pico, jed,).

Why won't SGML answer the question ? I really don't know much about it, but
it seems kinda cool to have a extensible markup language, such that new
word processors could read old files, and old word processors could read
nearly all of a new file, and still be able to deal non-stupidly with "new"
mark-ups.

--
+ David Cary "mailto:d.cary@ieee.org" "http://www.rdrop.com/~cary/"