Re: SEUL: dunc is a no-go

George Bonser writes:
> Look at the chatscript in .ppprc if you do not specify pap/...

No chatscript there.  You have uncovered a bug, though: he has
ln -F "$BASEDIR/${selection}.ctn" $HOME/.ppprc
where he should have
ln -f "$BASEDIR/${selection}.ctn" $HOME/.ppprc

The result is that .ppprc gets created the first time you run dunc but
never gets changed.

> I could not get it so stop trying to use pap without taking the measures
> thatr I state above.

That may be an effect of the above bug.  You tried PAP first?  I'm
convinced you have an obsolete version, though.  I'll have to go and look
at what is really in unstable.

> Try a ps -awx while it is dialing without PAP and you will see the entire
> chat command line (including the password) displayed.

'ps -awx | grep chat' produces:
11543  S2 S      0:00 /usr/sbin/pppd connect /usr/sbin/chat -v -f /home/john/.dunc/tmp.11527; rm -f /home/john/.dunc/tmp.11527 /dev/ttyS2 115200 debug netmask