Re: SEUL: dunc is a no-go

> I don't recall seeing this even in the old versions (I didn't do much with
> them, though).  dunc just uses the dialog inputbox function, so I'm not
> sure what could cause this.  It certainly doesn't happen in 2.3 on my
> 1.3.1 system.

I got it from what is currerntly hamm.  Look at the chatscript in .ppprc
if you do not specify pap/  Also, I had to physically remove my
pap-secrets skeleton file and edit the .ppprc to include the noauth
option to prevent it from attempting pap negotiation.

> > Other than the fact that the .ppprc that it created would not work, it is
> > pretty good (not). I finally had to manually edit the thing to get it to
> > work.
>
> I just used it twice to connect to my isp: once using PAP, and once using
> chat.

I could not get it so stop trying to use pap without taking the measures
thatr I state above. I am working on a different program but DO appreciate
the program for its dialog examples.

Mine is going to use the following files:

/etc/ppp/providers
/etc/ppp/options.<provider>
/etc/ppp/chatscript.<provider>

You might not have seen the password because the line of the display was
truncated.  Try a ps -awx while it is dialing without PAP and you will see
the entire chat command line (including the password) displayed.

  There are a lot of things I don't like about it though, including
> the byzantine UI and the creation of yet another set of non-standard pppd
> config files.  I intend to continue to maintain it for the benefit of its
> users, but I don't plan to make any major changes.
> --
> John Hasler                This posting is in the public domain.
> john@dhh.gt.org		   Do with it what you will.
> Dancing Horse Hill         Make money from it if you can; I don't mind.
> Elmwood, Wisconsin         Do not send email advertisements to this address.

George Bonser
http://www.debian.org