SEUL: PPP and scripting

Hello all,

I have been working with the idea of a web interface.
Personsally, it solves a lot of problems.
A web interface looks ok as lynx and
		it looks better in netscape

PPP
	One version of debian had two scripts pon and poff
They make going on the net easy.

The standard debian install scripts ask for address and all of that.

I think that it would work better in a web installation.
(I alreay have a perl script that creates the form for this)
Unforunatly, it did not yet make it into the  Win-Stall package, yet.

The return on this could easly write the chat scripts for you
and the options files.  Once they are written you want to get on to the
net.  type pon in a root window. (or we can make part of it suid and
have any user click on a button to get onto the net.
	 I love how mac set it up.  (once an unknowing mac user clicked on
a button in the desktop menu and then asked me "How do I get ont the
internet?" I just had to reply "you just did.")

With scripting languages, sorry, I have been converted into perl.
It slices, dices, make gif files (I do that at the office), does
cgi, TK and can be object oriented. If you know dos .bat scripts, you can
know perl. If you are thinking of one language to learn. learn perl.
(python never installed on a sparc and it does not have as many users)

Dealing with scipting languagues:
	I did this at a trade show not long ago.  Fall 1997
I went up to the SUN booth and asked the people manning the booth
that was trying to convince people to use JFOX. (A Java library)

Have you ever heard of Perl?
Have you ever heard of Tcl?

They had heard of Perl they did not know Tcl.
My reply to them
	Can you stop pushing TCL on us then?

--
Matthew Hirsch