Re: SEUL: Text editors.

George Bonser wrote:

> On 16-Feb-98 Kevin Forge wrote:
> > This is a true story that illustrates why an edit.com clone needs to
> > be written for SEUL ( never mind what else is included ... Linux
> > wouldn't be Unix without VI ).
>
> At some point, yes, it would be nice to have an edit.com clone but at this
> point the discussion is correctly on which existing editor to include in the
> first release.  Also, you should probably be looking an an existing editor to
> modify to make more edit.com-like than trying to produce yet another editor.

If mcedit can be compiled independently of MC it shouldn't take very
long
And don't worry about "loosing my programing skill"  They don't exist.
Batch files and qbasic are as far as I went.
I am garbing the MC source while you read this and will see what it
looks
like.  don't hold your breath since I can't even reed C.
--
: "Through the firewall, out the router, down the T1, across the
: backbone, bounced from satellite, Nothing but net."