Re: SEUL: Text editors.

> Other editors don't have to be hard to make edit.com easy.  just as how
> other airliners don't have to be slow to make a Concord fast.
> The simple fact is that edit is less difficult than all other command
> line
> editors to a Windows user,

The difference is very small at best.

My primary argument against the edit.com clone is that it diverts effort
from tasks that are of considerably more importance. If the user can't
install, that will put them off badly. If they have to use pico instead of
edit.com, I doubt they'll get too upset (it certainly won't stop them
using linux)

> and soon to an X user ( once GNOME, TKDesk,
> KDE and whoever else is doing a desktop make a notepad lookalike the
> default editor )

yeah, whenever that happens. It's OK to dream, but you know, let's just
work with reality for now, huh ? BTW, KDE editors aren't eligible for the
main distro for reasons that I don't wish to waste more bandwidth
re-iterating.

-- Donovan