SEUL: UI ideas [2]

After the system boot-up, and power is finally given to linux, it
would be cool if the textscreen faded out smoothly, then the penguin
/ whatever fading back in seamlessly. This would be very cool. =]

User profiles should contain heaps of info (I think this is already
in linux), so users can have different email addresses /
pop settings (jim@usa.net, raisa@moscow.ru, etc).

Also, it would be cool if the root user, or whoever has the highest
rights, the first time they login each day, the system auto dialsup
with ppp, gets that email of _everyone_ on the system and puts in the
correct folders. This would be cool.

Seamless email would be nice, eg an inbox and outbox.

Having the option to hide file extensions would be very cool. And
properly, not the win95 way which is confusing. This would probably
need to change the file system or something tho. But it would be nice
to have a normally hidden 4character file extension.

On the topic of configuration, I think a two pane system, small text
pane on the left with all different things that can be configured, in
the right main pane, the configuration utility appears.

Anyway,

Later,
Ben
\|/ Ben Nolan - b.nolan@softhome.net \|/