RE: SEUL: Text editors: update

> We would probably be better off with the newer version where available.  What I

I guess we should at least ship it...

> The questions to be asking now are things like, is a version of TkDesk for 8.0
> in the works?  All things being equal, I would rather go with the newer version
> of Tk and tcl only because it keeps the release from going obsolete as quickly
> or we can provide both, as Debian does.

But my point was that no ground-breaking leaps have been made on Tcl/Tk
Tcl/Tk packages recently. I am wondering if the "default" install could do
without 8.0.

> I currently have both installed on my Debian-2.0 system with no problems. If
> you select a program that depends on the other version, it just gets installed
> as well, they are not mutually exclusive.

This is correct . RedHat complains since both versions want to 'own'
/usr/bin/wish, but this is (usually) actually a non-issue (it's just a
link).

-- Donovan