Re: SEUL: Is it too soon for me to comment?

On Mon, 5 Jan 1998, Loren S Osborn wrote:

> I do think the best way for both projects
> (e-linux and SEUL) to proceed is, perhaps, for SEUL and e-linux to
> collaborate on common applications, and the to base SEUL off of a stripped
> down version of e-linux, with most of the complexity hidden from the user:
> e-linux should help provide the facilities to hide it.

I think most of you will agree with me when I say that Linux isn't ready
for primetime moron-usage quite yet.  Many people have commented on this
list as to the fact that Lnux lacks a number of things to go out and
directly thwap at Win95's market.  A newbie running Win95 on his computer
WON'T buy SEUL or any other Linux off the shelf and put it on his
computer.  Why?  Because he knows Win95, and it works for him.  So, our
best bet is the client/server market.  You can store windows programs on a
Linux harddrive, and grab them over the network and have the windows box
run them, thus solving compatibility issues.  E-Linux could be the server,
and SEUL could be E's client companion, coming preconfigured to work with
E-Linux.  TTYL!

                            ---
                        Paul Anderson
		   paul @ geeky1.ebtech.net
    Author of Star Spek(a tongue in cheek pun on Star trek)
e-mail: starspek-request@lowdown.com with subscribe as the subject
I hear it's hilarious.               Maintainer of the Tips-HOWTO.
          http://www.netcom.com/~tonyh3/speck.html
	A clean desk is a sign of a cluttered desk drawer.