Re: SEUL: Re: extension binding/enlightenment

On Sat, 17 Jan 1998, William T Wilson wrote:

> However, does Enlightenment have the same functionality of FVWM, you can
> kill it and start it again without disorienting any of your programs?  Or
> does it have too much "state" for this.

It doesn't have a problem with it...  I was killing stuff left and right..
Also, check out the different themes for enlightement, really cool...

> I don't think that it'll be such an "us against them" mentality.  If RH
> uses Enlightenment, I doubt it prevents us from using it too.

I was on IRC with omega tonight, and I here rasterman is also working on
GNOME.  It looks like the three will be using E.

> Maybe, but it is easier to work with extensions than with magic numbers.
> Do all programs even put magic numbers in their files?  For those that
> don't we still have to use extensions.

Each type of binary file has a different magic number, yes.  Text and
shell scripts are pretty obvious.  TTYL!

                            ---
                        Paul Anderson
		   paul @ geeky1.ebtech.net
    Author of Star Spek(a tongue in cheek pun on Star trek)
e-mail: starspek-request@lowdown.com with subscribe as the subject
I hear it's hilarious.               Maintainer of the Tips-HOWTO.
          http://www.netcom.com/~tonyh3/speck.html
	  SENILE.COM found . . . Out Of Memory . . .