Re: SEUL: Mail got bounced: Here are a few msgs that didn't get through...

On 24 Jan 1998 jfm2@club-internet.fr wrote:

> For designing a good Office suit it is more important to have good
> ergonomists and good font designers than good programmers.

I don't think so...  Linux has some nice fonts, BTW.  Win95 has nice
fonts.  Win95 have three or four full-blown office suites.  Win95's office
suites have telephone support.  MS Office has good ergonomists and good
font designers.  Why are they switching to Linux?  GOOD PROGRAMMERS!
Ergonomists, pah, the morons that designed those "ergonomic" keyboards -
apox on ergonomics!

> For that
> reason and because it is nor so fun nor so prestigious to write the
> free software community have never produced products able to compete
> with commercail software.

Huh?  I don't understand what you're saying, you totally mashed that
sentance...

> The one thing we can do is dispelling the myth than there is no Office
> suits for Linux.  I have seen many people who were very ignorant about
> what is available for Linux.  Include a catalog of what is available,
> so than they can look in and find what they need.  Better having them
> use Applixware with Linux than Word with Windows95.

Check out http://www.linuxmall.com

BTW, why don't you get started on writing an office suite for Linux?  I
would, but I've got WAAY to much on my plate right now...  Do you know C?
TTYL!

---
Paul Anderson
Hacker, Mad Scientist, Machinist, Publisher, and Author
http://www2.ebtech.net/~panderso
For geekcode, see http://www.geekcode.com