Re: SEUL: SEOL Text EDITOR

On Sun, 1 Feb 1998, Jeffrey wrote:

> always in insert mode and the error keys move you around.
> I'm off to look at source code. -Jeff

You grab the source for Caldera OpenDos edit and have a look at it for
ideas. I suppose an ncurses editor would be possible. My sticking point is
size.  If you boot the rescue disk to edit some things on your hard disk
that are preventing it from booting properly, you are going to need an
editor that is small enough to be loaded into the ramdisk.

ae has yet another feature ... if invoked as vi it will give vi key
bindings. If you boot the rescue floppy, start up the install, then
<ctrl-alt-F2> to get to a different VC, calling vi will bring up ae with a
different help screen.

This makes it easy to use for a beginner calling it ae and familliar
enough to an old salt calling it as vi.

George Bonser
http://www.debian.org