Re: SEUL: SEOL Text EDITOR

Text editor discussions may be, and perhaps should be, a veritable
religious matter for programmers and UNIX gurus. But the priorities for
newbie end users are quite different. Having been such a person not long
ago, I can tell that vi and any flavor of emacs are the wrong choice.

I just fired up ae, which I haven't looked at in a while, and I think
George is right. It is about as intuitive as pico, and about as intuitive
as your are going to find in a command line interface. It has my vote.

I also still think you need to consider another editor as the default for
X, and I'm sticking by my choice of Tkedit.

Mark